Each one of us should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10.
Thank you all for a great response to our spring OUTREACH! Check back here soon for a highlight video. Until then, enjoy our video from our october event!
On April 25th, 2015
we sent teams to various sites (listed below) across our county to serve and connect with our community.
Check back soon for highlights from the day and more opportunities to serve!
Be the Church
Community of Christ Church
Flint Central Widow
Flint Township Fire Department
Dillon Elementary Mentoring Program
Being a mentor is one of the most important things you can do for a child. One hour a week could impact a child for the rest of their life. Here are a few different ways that you can get involved and some of the things to expect in each opportunity:
Classroom Aide Mentor
- In the classroom teacher support
- Minimum of 1 hour a week time commitment
- Helping make copies, sharpening pencils, bulletin boards, crafts, wiping down tables,
- Grading papers
- Stuffing Friday/Homework folders
Individual Student Mentors
- Works one on one with student
- Minimum 1 hour time commitment
- Helping student in the classroom
- Spending quality time with student
- Eating breakfast or lunch with student
- Playing on playground with student during lunch
- Listening to the student read
- Helping the student with sight words or spelling words
- Working on a classroom project
- Coming to support student at a school sponsored event
- Helping around the building
- Minimum 1 hour a week
- Making copies
- Counting out classroom supplies
- Delivering messages
- Helping students in the lunchroom
- Putting away mail in teacher mailboxes
We have an incredible opportunity to parter with our local elementary. If you would like more information on being a part of the Dillon Mentoring Program, please contact Pastors Todd & Roshanda Womack